Monday, September 18, 2017
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Monday, August 21, 2017
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Scripture says that God does not show partiality. The example given was between the rich and poor.
The God of the Universe, Creator of all things, gives each, and every, person 100%, focused attention. He died for each, and every, person, whether they receive that forgiveness or not, whether they choose to follow him or not.
A rich man is not more important in the Father’s eyes. A poor man is not more important in the Father’s eyes. He holds each person equally responsible for following him, for keeping his word, and for maintaining fellowship with him. And he provides equally for salvation, significance and identity. He gives love, abundant and overflowing, to each one equally. And he gives 100%, focused attention to each one equally.
Think of anything that divides one kind of people from another (race, religion, country, politics, etc.) the Father knows that this thing exists. But it does not exist for him.
There is only one division that means anything to him. Is someone in his family, or not in his family? And if someone is not in his family, it makes no difference to how his loves that person, his desire for relationship with that person, his attention on that person, or his intention to restore that person to his original design.
And Scripture says that it is God’s desire for his children to imitate his heart, his attitudes, and his behavior.
Monday, August 14, 2017
- I really love Bob, because he can see my character in nature, especially the plant kingdom.
- I really love Pam, because she takes old, worn out, and ugly things, and re-creates them into new, useful, and beautiful things … kind of like I do with my children.
- I really love Mary, because her heart is given to children. They feel safe with her. And she brings out the best in them.
- I really love John, because he brings me into the center of things, and people, and helps them understand what I am really like, and how I really feel about them.
Tuesday, August 08, 2017
Monday, July 31, 2017
- Whites and blacks.
- Democrats and Republicans. (Conservatives and progressives.)
- Christians and Muslims. (ISIS?)
- Christians and gays.
- The Police and the black community.