Monday, October 16, 2017
Thursday, October 05, 2017
Monday, October 02, 2017
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Monday, September 25, 2017
Monday, September 18, 2017
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Monday, August 21, 2017
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Scripture says that God does not show partiality. The example given was between the rich and poor.
The God of the Universe, Creator of all things, gives each, and every, person 100%, focused attention. He died for each, and every, person, whether they receive that forgiveness or not, whether they choose to follow him or not.
A rich man is not more important in the Father’s eyes. A poor man is not more important in the Father’s eyes. He holds each person equally responsible for following him, for keeping his word, and for maintaining fellowship with him. And he provides equally for salvation, significance and identity. He gives love, abundant and overflowing, to each one equally. And he gives 100%, focused attention to each one equally.
Think of anything that divides one kind of people from another (race, religion, country, politics, etc.) the Father knows that this thing exists. But it does not exist for him.
There is only one division that means anything to him. Is someone in his family, or not in his family? And if someone is not in his family, it makes no difference to how his loves that person, his desire for relationship with that person, his attention on that person, or his intention to restore that person to his original design.
And Scripture says that it is God’s desire for his children to imitate his heart, his attitudes, and his behavior.
Monday, August 14, 2017
- I really love Bob, because he can see my character in nature, especially the plant kingdom.
- I really love Pam, because she takes old, worn out, and ugly things, and re-creates them into new, useful, and beautiful things … kind of like I do with my children.
- I really love Mary, because her heart is given to children. They feel safe with her. And she brings out the best in them.
- I really love John, because he brings me into the center of things, and people, and helps them understand what I am really like, and how I really feel about them.
Tuesday, August 08, 2017
Monday, July 31, 2017
- Whites and blacks.
- Democrats and Republicans. (Conservatives and progressives.)
- Christians and Muslims. (ISIS?)
- Christians and gays.
- The Police and the black community.
Saturday, July 22, 2017
Monday, July 17, 2017
Monday, July 10, 2017
Wednesday, July 05, 2017
- God loves you and has uniquely designed your life.
- But all mankind has sinned, so they are separated from God. They have no relationship with God. They cannot have fellowship with God. They cannot experience his love.
- Jesus died to satisfy God’s judgment in our place.
- We can choose to accept this pardon.
Monday, June 19, 2017
- The same connection;
- The same awareness of the Father and the Spirit;
- The same grasp of the Father’s heart;
- The same “eyes” to see what the Father’s sees;
- The same “ears” to hear what the Father hears;
- The same “voice” to speak what the Father speaks, and pray what the Father prays;
- The same closeness.
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Monday, May 22, 2017
Monday, May 15, 2017
Tuesday, May 09, 2017
Tuesday, May 02, 2017
Monday, May 01, 2017
- Proclaim. This is communicating the gospel message. This could be verbal, written, sign language, art, semaphore, or Morse code. This could be a speech, a discussion (one on one, group, or panel), a blog post, a newspaper article, a novel, or an animated movie on TV. This could be instruction, answering questions, or relating personal experience. It should occur in all places, and all phases of society.
- Demonstrate. Jesus did more that talk; he acted. So, his disciples should act too. Like him, they should serve, love, feed, give relief, build, comfort, empathize, accept, heal and show mercy. The goal is for God’s family to be a picture of God. It is say, “You want to know what Jesus was like? Look at his family.”
- Pray. Creation has two parts: physical, and spiritual. And these parts interact and impact each other. So, there is a supernatural component to walking with Jesus. Prayer is how an individual follower of Jesus contributes to the impact of God’s family in the unseen, but really real, part of creation. In prayer, he smothers the effects of the enemy, enhances and strengthens the effect of the Spirit, releases the Spirit to move in different spaces, and affects the hearts of people, cities, and nations. Along with that, he strengthens the hearts of other members of God’s family to take up God’s mission.