There are places where it is written in Scripture that Jesus traveled to different places “proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom of God.” Does that mean there were meetings where Jesus preached his version of the Four Spiritual Laws?
There are a number of people who are beginning to think western, evangelical churches are preaching a gospel that is too small. They do not mean that Jesus coming into the world, to live, to die, to rise, and to satisfy God’s justice for our sin is not part of the gospel. This is true. This is the gospel. But is part of the gospel.
They propose that the entire gospel is – God is going to fix everything.
- Do people have a broken relationship with God, because of sin? Yes. God is going to fix that.
- Do people have broken relationships with other people? Yes. God is going to fix that.
- Do governments and countries treat people unfairly? Yes. On purpose? Yes. God is going to fix that.
- Is the world we live in poisoned by our activities? Yes. God is going to fix that.
- Are people poorly fed, drinking polluted water, inadequately educated, without hope or a future? Yes. God is going to fix that.
The good news is God is fomenting revolution. He is chasing out the current ruler. He is establishing, once again, his kingdom. He is bringing healing to everything that is broke.
Our relationship with God will be totally healed. Our relationship with people will be totally healed. Our relationship with ourselves will be totally healed. Our relationship with nature will be totally healed.